You know how when some talk show hosts or radio personalities ask mom's what they like getting most at mother's day and most mom's will say,"I just love the hand made crafts that my children bring home from school. It's just so sweet."
Well, I guess I fall in a major minority because although I do like the things my children make, let's face it, most of them fall apart unless you enshrine them and are of very little use in every day life. What I want is, "The goods", something I can use to make my every day life more enjoyable, to make all the crap that you do every day worth it. I also want to feel what I'm worth more than that. A paper mache vase of flowers just doesn't cut it in the present department. Also doing nice things for Mom is great but it also doesn't cut it. You can't do one nice day of things for mom and then expect that to be enough when she does those things voluntarily every day of her stinkin life.
The day after Mother's day, which by the way , I got no present, or card, and was told that, "I got you a Tim Horton's coffee." Like that should be enough. Are you kidding me! Spare me the Tim's and get me a real gift! Getting back to the day after. My daughter was being bratty after school on Monday and I was telling her to smarten up and she looked at me and said, "It isn't mother's day any more." Well, if it isn't mother's day anymore and I have to put up with you now, I should have gotten a really good gift to make up for all the crap I put up with in between.
For all the mother's out there that got no more than a Tim's and a thanks for coming out, I apologize for your less than thoughtful family. And have a spa day on them. That's my opinion and I'm stickin to it.
Sally
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment